Monday 25 October 2010

Signs I Like #13

Recently, I had to go to a meeting at Longannet Power Station, where I receommend that anyone suffering from an over-inflated sense of their own importance should go for a visit - I've never felt so much like an ant, walking around beside the biggest building I have ever seen or been near.  Anyway, while I was there, I spotted this cool sign on the ground, as I was leaving the visitors' car park. Serious safety culture at this place but it amused the pedant in me to ponder whether either the car park was unsafe, or if it was the case that unsafe behaviour was acceptable there... I also like the way that the shadow of the triangular warning sign is like an arrow, pointing to the exact location where safety starts...

Apologies for the relatively poor quality - I took this on my camera phone and tried to do it as discreetly as possible for fear of being swamped by crazed security officials, aghast at the thought of someone taking photos inside the perimeter of Scotland's largest power generation facility. Actually, no one seemed in the slightest bothered, which was quite refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... much appreciated at this end! If you've enjoyed reading this post, why not sign up to follow this blog? I won't even make you wear a robe, cape, costume or anything, unless you insist.